We thank you for your support.
By check via USPS:
The UCLA Foundation
PO Box 7145
Pasadena, CA 91109-9903
We transform people's lives everyday. Your contribution will help to further our efforts to prevent and treat HIV, and to ensure positive quality of life for people living with HIV and AIDS in Los Angeles and around the world.
Here are just some of the ways we will use your donation to make a positive difference:
- We strive to foster meaningful and mutually-beneficial relationships with community organizations, focusing specifically on populations at highest risk for HIV infection or in need of treatment. With your support, we will be able to continue to expand our reach in the Los Angeles community. Your generous gift will allow for:
- Compensation for community members' time and assistance in the development of educational materials and programs
- Support of community engagement events including an upcoming booth at LA PRIDE to build positive awareness in the community
- Facilitation of support groups and think tanks to engage community thought leaders in a continuous conversation regarding specific needs and research interests and linkages to resources
- Funding of monthly clinic tours to invite community members to experience the UCLA CARE Center site and meet the doctors and staff behind our research
- Provide small meals for patients who need to fast prior to procedures.
- Provide transportation to patients and study participants who would otherwise be unable to access our services or participate in research.
Research and Care
- The UCLA CARE Center is an off-campus clinic and is responsible for lease of space to provide care and facilitate research. Some of these costs are covered under grants; however, insurance reimbursements are insufficient to cover the total costs for patient visits to our clinic. Your donation assists us in providing a central and accessible space for our patients and research participants.
- To attract the best scientific minds to study HIV at UCLA, we offer fellowships in basic, clinical and behavioral science to train researchers who are embarking on their careers. Your donation helps to fund these programs.
- The world-class faculty at the UCLA CARE Center host an annual seminar for primary care providers and community leaders in Los Angeles to present the most up-to-date research results. Your donation helps to fund this event, thereby helping these researchers to provide world class research and care, and linking community members to a wide range of resources and services.
For more information, please contact UCLA Health Sciences Development