Making Decisions Together With Your Treatment Team
At UCLA Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital, we value your input and encourage your involvement in decisions about your treatment and care. Here are some questions you may want to ask your treatment team:
- Ask your doctor and team to discuss the reasons that you were hospitalized.
- What is my diagnosis?
- Can we discuss the problems that led to my hospitalization?
- Ask your doctor and team about the treatment options that are available to you.
- What are the best ways to treat my conditions or manage my problems?
- What are the benefits and risks of each treatment option? If it helps, ask for written information.
- If there is only one option, ask why.
- Tell your doctor and team about your preferences.
- Explain what is important to you about your treatment and goals.
- Indicate how much you prefer to be involved in the decisions about your treatment, and if there are other people who should be included?
- Make a decision about your treatment plan together, if possible.