We recommend you bring the least amount of items necessary, to avoid distraction and to allow your loved one to take advantage of the program and activities. We provide some toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, hair and body shampoo, a comb, deodorant, alcohol free mouthwash, lotion, towels and linen
NOTE: TOILETRIES IN BREAKABLE CONTAINERS AND APPLIANCES WILL BE LOCKED IN A CABINET AND PROVIDED FOR PATIENT UPON REQUEST. Please label all toiletries and appliances with first and last name. These items must be in perfect working condition and not have frayed cords.
- *Toiletries in unbreakable bottles,
- Hair Conditioner
- Items to be locked up by nursing staff and given to patients for time of use:
- Small clocks
- Blow dryers, curling and straightening irons
- Musical instruments
- Electric shavers
- Aerosol spray cans
- Glass items (including cosmetic bottles)
- CD players, CD’s, headphones, music players (ipods/mp3 players)
- Electrical appliances
- Toiletries marked “Keep Out of Reach of Children”
- Sharp items such as scissors, tweezers, nail clippers, nail files, mirrors, compacts, etc.
- Sewing kits/Art supplies/Knitting needles
*These items are locked up for the safety of all patients.
What Not To Bring To the Hospital
To ensure patient’s privacy, cameras, watches with cameras, laptop computer, cell phones and tape recorders are not allowed on the units. Personal television sets, expensive items of clothing, computer games, compact disc players, jewelry, or otherwise not replaceable items should not be brought to the hospital. Pets are not allowed.
Items that are prohibited while in the hospital
- Any type of weapon (including knives)
- Metal-toed boots
- Illegal drugs
- Cigarettes, vape, tobacco of any kind
- Over the counter drugs including vitamins, herbs, supplements
- Prescription drugs
- Wire coat hangers
Clothing with controversial messages, slogans, or pictures involving sex, drugs, violence, alcohol, tobacco, etc.
- Long dangling jewelry
- Safety pins
- Items with metal studs
- Plastic bags
- Cellular phones
- Tape recorders
- Watch cameras
- Laptop computers
We recommend that you do not bring items of value or any money over $10.00.
- All belongings brought to the unit should be labeled. Belongings are checked at the nursing station. Clothing, pockets, purses, etc. must be checked.
- Electrical appliances (hair dryers, radio, clocks, etc.) will be checked by the hospital electrician before you can use them.
- Borrowing and/or loaning personal items, e.g. clothing is not permitted.
- Clothing: We recommend washable, easy-care clothing, clearly marked with one’s name.
- You must be fully and properly dressed when out of you room
- Shoes (preferably without laces) or slippers are required: no bare feet allowed
- Athletic shoes with socks are required for any deck allowed
- Tube tops, tank tops, half-shirts, or see-through clothes are not allowed
- Blouses, tee shirts, sweaters or light jackets allowed
- Mid-thigh shorts are acceptable
- All clothing must be free of any controversial messages, slogans, or pictures, e.g. obscenities, or themes involving drugs, sex, violence, alcohol, tobacco, etc.
- Sunglasses and hats may only be worn outside during daylight hours
- Some jewelry, such as long, dangling earrings, safety pins, stick pins, items with metal studs, etc., present a safety hazard to yourself or others in the hospital setting and the use of these items may be limited.
- Night clothing (pajamas, nightgowns, robes, etc.) is only to be worn in your bedroom or respective hallway.