are required to study the training materials posted on this web-page (see the links provided below) prior to your check-in day. You must then print, complete, and bring with you all forms which will be collected on your check-in day. Any missing items from the list below will disqualify you as a volunteer applicant, and you will be instructed to re-apply at a later date.
Allow yourself enough time to gather all the mandatory paperwork and immunizations. You will receive 4 hours of service credit for completing all paperwork.
You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the following PDFs . For a free copy of this program, please visit Adobe Acrobat website.
Training Materials to Study:
Forms to Print, Complete and Bring with You on Check-In Day:
Where will Check-In take place?
Check-in will take place in the volunteer office from 9:00am-4:00pm, closed during lunch time from 12:00 noon- 1:00pm. The volunteer office is located at:
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Volunteer Services Office Suite B791
757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles,CA 90095
What happens at Check-In ?
We collect and make sure all your paperwork is complete. No copies will be made of your paperwork including immunizations, items submitted will later be discarded; therefore, you should make copies for your own records. If all paperwork is complete you will be required to take a photo for your volunteer ID Badge, so make sure you look presentable. You will than be given a form to obtain a background check through our UCLA security office, no outside livescan will be accepted. Make sure you have a valid government issued ID or Passport.
What Immunizations are required to volunteer?
Applicants MUST bring a copy (will not be returned) of their immunization records to check-in day (see page 8 in the Orientation Guide listed above). UCLA has very specific requirements for immunizations in order to volunteer. Students must present all documentation at check in day or will be turned away.
Documentation required at volunteer check in day:
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
- Medical documentation of TWO MMR vaccinations
- Medical documentation of ONE BLOOD TITER indicating immunity to MMR
- Disease history of MEASELS, MUMPS, and RUBELLA will not be accepted.
- Medical documentation of TWO VARICELLA vaccinations
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
If you have always tested negative for TB, please provide:
- Medical documentation of TWO SEPARATE TB skin tests, One TB test must be completed within the last 3 months. The other TB test must have been completed within the last 12 months. (NOTE: It's UCLA Health policy that you receive two separate TB skin tests and no exceptions will be granted.)
- Medical documentation of a QuantiFERON Gold (also known as t-spot) blood test completed within the last 3 months.
If you have previously tested positive for TB, please provide:
- Documented proof of a positive TB skin test or positive QuantiFERON Gold (also known as t-spot) blood test (documentation of positive TB from any date will be sufficient)
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap)
- Medical documentation of a chest radiograph (chest x-ray) report within the last 3 months
- Medical documentation of Tdap vaccination
- Signed Tdap declination if unable to provide medical documentation.
Things to Remember
You must have attended an information session and been accepted, in order to attend a check-in day.
Bring with you all of the required paperwork, fully completed and signed to Check-In Day. Orientation Guide Quiz must also be completed.
Have all required immunizations completed by check-in day.
HOLIDAY CLOSURES FOR 2015: The Volunteer Services Office will be closed during the following upcoming holidays:
Monday, January 19
MLK Jr. Day
Monday, February 19
Friday, March 27
Monday, May 25
Friday, July 3
Monday, September 7
Wednesday, November 11