An exciting opportunity awaits for a
select individual seeking to gain experience in health care
management with UCLA Health.
This position will
work directly with the Senior Administration team providing
support and assistance to various projects and assignments.
The chosen candidate will be able to shadow various health care
administrators, attend management meetings and observe senior
team leadership. This is a great opportunity to see
and experience firsthand what is involved in the administration
of the UCLA Health.
The internship requires 15 hours per week and at least a nine
month commitment. We do not accept student-for-credit volunteers.
This is a non-paid position. Letterof
recommendation will be provided upon completion of internship.
- Must be an undergraduate or already with a degree; some
positions require a Master's level student
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize and
follow-through on assignments
- Must possess good customer-service skills and act in a
- Proficient in Word, Microsoft and Excel
- Strong adherence to UC HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines
and regulations required
- Candidate must be flexible, and possess a positive attitude
- Experience in an office environment working as part of a team
Please note that all internships are non-clinical in nature, and
focus primarily on the business or administrative component of
healthcare. Currently we have the following position
If you are interested and wish to apply, you may go to our
online application website
to apply. Please note, you will not be allowed to log out and
return to complete the application so please have your work and
volunteer history ready when you begin to complete the online
form. You will have an hour to fill out the application
If you have questions about the program, you may contact Silva
Thomas via email
or call 310.267.8186.