Step 2-Direct Referral On-Boarding Appointment
Orientation Guide and Dress Code
Review the following information prior to your Direct Referral On-Boarding Appointment.
Direct Referral On-Boarding Appointment
Once your Assignment Form has been approved, you will be emailed a link to sign up for a Direct Referral On-Boarding Appointment. Unless stated otherwise in your "Direct Referral Approval" email, this is required to be completed in-person before proceeding to STEP 3. Appointments last approximately 10-15 minutes; latecomers are not permitted and are required to reschedule. All paperwork, including copies of immunizations/health screenings, forms and certificates printed from the website must be brought to the appointment.
Register for ONE appointment ONLY; anyone signed up for multiple appointments will be removed from the sign up page.
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Volunteer Office
757 Westwood Plaza, Suite B791
Los Angeles, CA, 90095
If you signed up for a Direct Referral Appointment but are unable to attend because of a scheduling conflict or you have not completed all of the requirements, we ask that you please go back to the sign up page and remove yourself from the sign up.
What to Expect:
- During the Direct Referral On-Boarding Appointment, the coordinator will check all of your paperwork to verify that you have met the requirements.
- Once all paperwork and health are cleared, you will be given instructions to complete the background check from the Human Resources Office. NOTE: If you are missing any immunizations, you will be asked to reschedule. you will not be able to complete the background check until you complete the requirements.
- If you are a Clinical Research Volunteer or UCLA SRP Student who will have access to identifiable data or study participants in an IRB-Approved study, you are required to be approved on the IRB study in order to assist in any clinical capacity (clinical data, interact with test subjects, etc.). Our office verifies with the IRB Office to ensure protocol is met before clearance can be given.
- The results of the background check will be sent to our office. Clearance may take 4-10 business days. Once you have been cleared, we will send you an email with instructions to sign up for the Final Processing Session.
- I am missing one of the requirements, can I still attend the on-boarding appoinntment?
- Unfortunately, you must have ALL requirements completed in order to move to the next step. We will not keep uncompleted packets, if lost, you will be required to re-complete the entire paperwork.
- Do I have to attend in-person for the onboarding appointment?
- Yes, all appointments are in-person to pertain to your individual assignment.
- What if I am out-of-state (or not within the area)?
- Please schedule an appointment the day you will arrive. Please remember that we do not process clearances for volunteers providing services remotely or off-site.
- I was applying for another assignment, can I do both at the same time?
- Unfortunately, you must choose a priority assignment and complete 50 hours in order to add the other assignment.
- What if my assignment form was changed, can I still be processed?
- We can only complete your clearance process if your assignment form is approved. If there were any revisions or changes made and the form is pending approval, most likely your clearance process will be delayed.
For additional questions, feel free to contact the Direct Referral Program: CRV@mednet.ucla.edu