Our team of doctors will review your records prior to your appointment. You can help us expedite your appointment by being prepared ahead of time.
UCLA Asian Liver Program
Peter Morton Medical Building
200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 214
Los Angeles, CA 90095
(310) 825-1412 phone
(310) 267-0555 fax
1) How long will I have to wait for the apponitment after all my medical records are received?
You will be contacted by a staff member within 48 hours to schedule an appointment. If you have not heard from our office within 48 hours, please call (310) 825-1412.
2) What should I expect during my first consultation appointment?
During your first consultation, an Asian Liver Center physician will examine you, review your medical history and discuss plans for further evaluation and follow-up.
3) Will my insurance cover all treatments and medications?
Please contact UCLA Health Physician Referral at 1-800-UCLA-MD 1 (1-800-825-2631) for questions about your insurance plans benefits and exclusions. You may also speak with your benefits coordinator, or consult your health plan provider directory. View more information about which health plans are accepted at UCLA Health.
4) What type of diagnostic tests or treatments does The Asian Liver program offers for cirrhosis, liver cancer, hepatitis B or hepatitis C?
The Asian Liver Program offers the most-innovative treatments, interventions and diagnostic testing availabe at this time.
5) What clinical research trial do you have available? If I wish to participate, who should I contact?
The Asian Liver Program works in conjunction with the UCLA Office of Clinical Trials. During your consultation, a physician can discus these options with you.
6) Can I have the procedure or treatment you recommend performed at my local hospital?
Most procedures and treatments can be performed at your local hospital, however, we recommend that you undergo treatment at UCLA for continuity of care as well as to ensure that you are being treated by experts and experienced physicians related to your care.
7) Can I refer my own family members to your program, since our family has a history of hepatitis? Do they need to be referred by a family physician?
Yes, family members can be referred. Family members can call (310) 825-1412 to schedule an individual appointment.
8) If I Cannot fax all of the medical records prior to my appointment, would it be a problem if I bring the reports with me at the time of the appointment?
We highly recommed that you fax as many of your records pertinent to your diagnosis. Please fax this information to (310) 267-0555. Please make sure you include your name and patient ID number. A coordinator from our office will contact you if additional records are needed prior to your appointment.