All of our genetic counselors offer video visits.
When you meet with a genetic counselor by video, you receive the same high-quality care as an in-person visit.
What do I need for a video visit?
- Mobile device or tablet with video camera, microphone and internet access
- myUCLAhealth account
- MyChart mobile app
- Scheduled appointment with your UCLA Health genetic counselor
- A private, quiet space conducive to a healthcare session
What does it cost?
Video visits are covered by most health plans and are also covered by Medicare during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Genetic counseling video visits are billed at the same rates as in-person visits.
Are video visits secure?
Yes, UCLA Health uses a HIPAA-compliant method for conducting video visits. This means the information is securely transmitted and is treated the same way it would be if you were meeting with your doctor in person.
Follow these easy steps to join a video visit with your UCLA genetic counselor:
- Schedule a video visit.
- Sign up for myUCLAhealth and create a Username and Password (https://my.uclahealth.org).
- Download the MyChart/Epic mobile application on your mobile device. (Download app for iOS | Android)
- You will receive an appointment reminder in your myUCLAhealth account. You will receive a reminder text message if you have opted into receive text messages.
- On the day of the scheduled video visit, log into the MyChart app on your mobile device and click on the Appointments section.
- Select your scheduled telemedicine appointment and complete the eCheck-in.
- Complete the eCheck-in consent. Once completed, tap Begin Visit at the bottom of the screen.
- Conduct the visit with your provider.
If you experience any technical problems, call the MyChart Technical Support line at 855-364-7052.
Download Video Visits Tip Sheet | En Español