Receiving a diagnosis of cerebrovascular disease can be frightening, and chances are you have a lot of questions and concerns. UCLA understands this and we are here to help. If you have a vascular disorder of the brain – also called a cerebrovascular disorder – where you go for treatment is crucial. These conditions require surgeons who have the skill and expertise to manage them effectively. And that’s exactly what you can expect from the UCLA cerebrovascular team.
The UCLA Neurology and Neurosurgery program has been consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top such programs in the nation. Our dedication to ongoing research and advanced clinical trials means that you will have access to the most innovative treatments, techniques and technology available.
UCLA cerebrovascular program: The experience you need
The cerebrovascular conditions we treat are complex and challenging, but they can be successfully managed in the skilled hands of our experienced neurosurgeons. When you choose UCLA for treatment of your cerebrovascular condition, you will find:
- Collaborative review of cases: Our surgeons take a team approach to treating cerebrovascular diseases. This means that patients get the expertise of several top physicians weighing in on the best treatments and protocols.
- Patient-centered care: Our caring staff makes sure each patient gets the best, most individualized care for their unique situation.
- History of innovation: Many of the lifesaving techniques and devices used worldwide in the treatment of cerebrovascular disease were pioneered at UCLA. Ongoing research, including clinical trials sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, allows us to continue to provide the best care and outcomes for our patients.
- Advanced technology: Our team works with industry partners to help develop and test new tools and devices for the treatment of cerebrovascular disorders. That means we have early access to, and expertise with, the latest technology.
- High volume: Many of the conditions we treat are rare, but we see among the highest volumes of these complex cases in the western United States. That means our surgeons have more advanced skills, leading to better outcomes for our patients.
- Expert team: Everyone on our staff – from our skilled neurosurgeons to our nurses and physical therapists – is experienced in caring for the specific needs of patients with complex cerebrovascular diseases. At every step, patients get the specialized care they need throughout their recovery to help them return home sooner.
To schedule an appointment at the UCLA Cerebrovascular Program, please call 310-825-5111 or click here to request an appointment.