Open Actively Recruiting
Magrolimab Monotherapy or Magrolimab in Combination With Azacitidine in Participants With Hematological Malignancies
The primary objectives of this study are:- To confirm the safety and tolerability of magrolimab monotherapy in a relapsed/refractory (R/R) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) population, and of magrolimab in combination with azacitidine in previously untreated participants with AML or MDS and participants with R/R AML and MDS - To evaluate the efficacy of magrolimab monotherapy in R/R AML/MDS, and of magrolimab in combination with azacitidine in previously untreated participants with AML/MDS, or R/R AML/MDS as measured by complete remission (CR) rate for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS, and duration of complete response for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS, and duration of CR for participants with AML and higher-risk MDS - To evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of magrolimab monotherapy or combination with azacitidine in low-risk MDS participants as measured by red blood cell (RBC) transfusion independence rate
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Meets the criteria below for the appropriate cohort:
- Relapsed/Refractory Cohorts: Pathologically confirmed relapsed or refractory (primary refractory and/or relapsed refractory) AML or confirmed intermediate, high, or very high risk MDS that is relapsed, refractory or intolerant to conventional therapy
- Treatment-naive/ Unfit Cohorts: Previously untreated individuals with histological confirmation of AML who are ineligible for treatment with a standard cytarabine and anthracycline induction regimen; or previously untreated individuals with intermediate, high, or very high risk MDS. Prior and concurrent therapy with hydroxyurea, oral etoposide, erythroid and/or myeloid growth factors is allowed.
- Rollover Cohort: Individuals on active magrolimab therapy on the Phase 1 AML (SCI-CD47-002; NCT02678338) trial who are deriving clinical benefit by Investigator assessment
- RBC transfusion dependent low risk MDS cohort: Transfusion-dependent MDS individuals who are very low or low risk by IPSS-R with previous treatment with an erythroid stimulating agent or lenalidomide.
- White blood cell (WBC) count ≤ 20 x 10^3/mcL
- Adequate performance status and hematological, liver, and kidney function
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Prior treatment with CD47 or signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPα) targeting agents (with exception of magrolimab for individuals in the Rollover cohort).
- Treatment-naive/Unfit Cohorts Only: Any prior anti-leukemic therapy (excluding hydroxyurea or oral etoposide), prior treatment with hypomethylating agents and/or low dose cytarabine.
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- Known inherited or acquired bleeding disorders.
- Previous allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant within 6 months prior to enrollment, active graft versus host disease (GVHD), or requiring transplant-related immunosuppression.
- Clinical suspicion of active central nervous system (CNS) involvement by leukemia
- Known active or chronic hepatitis B or C infection or HIV
- Pregnancy or active breastfeeding
Note: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
- UCLA Westwood