Open Actively Recruiting
An Open-label Study of Encorafenib + Binimetinib in Patients With BRAFV600-mutant Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
This is an open-label, multicenter, non-randomized, Phase 2 study to determine the safety, tolerability and efficacy of encorafenib given in combination with binimetinib in patients with BRAFV600E-mutant metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Patients who are either treatment-naïve, OR who have received 1) first-line treatment with standard platinum-based chemotherapy, OR 2) first-line treatment with an anti-programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1)/programmed cell death protein ligand 1 (PD-L1) inhibitor given alone or in combination with platinum-based chemotherapy will be enrolled.
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that is currently Stage IV.
- Presence of a BRAFV600E mutation in lung cancer tissue as determined by a local laboratory assay or the presence of other BRAFV600 mutations other than V600E (i.e. K or D) will be considered
- Patients who are either treatment-naïve (e.g., no prior systemic therapy for advanced/metastatic disease), OR who have received 1) first-line platinum-based chemotherapy OR 2) first-line treatment with an anti-programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1)/ programmed cell death protein ligand 1(PD-L1) inhibitor given alone or in combination with platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Presence of measurable disease based on Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors version 1.1 (RECIST v1.1).
- Eastern Cooperation Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1.
- Adequate bone marrow function characterized by the following at screening:
- absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1.5 × 10⁹/L;
- Platelets ≥ 100 × 10⁹/L;
- Hemoglobin ≥ 8.5 g/dL (with or without blood transfusions).
- Adequate hepatic and renal function characterized by the following at screening:
- Total bilirubin ≤ 1.5 × upper limit of normal (ULN)
- alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) ≤ 2.5 × ULN, or ≤ 5 × ULN in presence of liver metastases; Serum creatinine ≤ 1.5 × ULN; or calculated creatinine clearance ≥ 50 mL/min by Cockcroft-Gault formula; or estimated glomerular filtration rate > 50 mL/min/1.73m².
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Patients who have documentation of any of the following:
- epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation
- anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) fusion oncogene or
- ROS1 rearrangement
- Patients who have received more than 1 prior line of systemic therapy in the advanced/metastatic setting.
- Previous treatment with any BRAF inhibitor (e.g., dabrafenib, vemurafenib, XL281/BMS-908662, etc.), or any mitogen-activated protein kinase (MEK) inhibitor (e.g., trametinib, cobimetinib, selumetinib, RDEA119, etc.) prior to screening and enrollment.
- Impaired cardiovascular function or clinically significant cardiovascular diseases
- History of thromboembolic or cerebrovascular events ≤ 12 weeks prior to the first dose of study treatment. Examples include transient ischemic attacks, cerebrovascular accidents, hemodynamically significant (i.e. massive or sub-massive) deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary emboli.
- History or current evidence of retinal vein occlusion (RVO) or current risk factors for RVO (e.g., uncontrolled glaucoma or ocular hypertension, history of hyperviscosity or hypercoagulability syndromes); history of retinal degenerative disease.
- Concurrent neuromuscular disorder that is associated with the potential of elevated creatine (phospho)kinase (CK) (e.g., inflammatory myopathies, muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, spinal muscular atrophy).
- Patients with symptomatic brain metastasis, leptomeningeal disease or other active central nervous system (CNS) metastases are not eligible.
Join this Trial
Contact our clinical trial navigators for opportunities that may be suitable for you
- UCLA Santa Monica
For detailed technical eligibility, visit ClinicalTrials.gov.