A Study of ARRY-371797 (PF-07265803) in Patients With Symptomatic Dilated Cardiomyopathy Due to a Lamin A/C Gene Mutation
This is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) due to a mutation of the gene encoding the lamin A/C protein (LMNA). The study will further evaluate a dose level of study drug (ARRY-371797) that has shown preliminary efficacy and safety in this patient population. After the primary analysis has been performed, eligible patients may receive open-label treatment with ARRY-371797.
Selected Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Patients with symptomatic lamin A/C protein (LMNA)-related cardiomyopathy Class II/III/ or Class IV defined as:
- Gene positive for a pathogenic, likely pathogenic, or VUS mutation in the LMNA gene as determined by an accredited clinical laboratory.
- Evidence of cardiac impairment in LVEF <= 50%
- Patient will have an implantable cardioverter defibrillator/cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (ICD/CRT-D). ICD implanted at least 4 weeks prior to initiation of study treatment or CRT-D initiated at least 6 months prior to initiation of study treatment and defibrillation function activated at least 4 weeks prior to initiation of study treatment.
- Class II/III patients must have objective functional impairment evidenced by a reduction in 6-minute walk test (6MWT);
- Class II/III patients must be stable for at least 3 months
- Stable medical and/or device therapy consistent with regional American Heart Association (AHA) / American College of Cardiology (ACC) or European Society of Cardiology (ESC) guidelines.
- Patients must meet acceptable hematology, hepatic and renal laboratory values as specified
Selected Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Presence of other form(s) of cardiomyopathy contributing to HF (eg, inflammatory or infiltrative cardiomyopathy), clinically significant cardiac anatomic abnormality (eg,LV aneurysm), clinically significant coronary artery disease (eg, coronary revascularization, exercise induced angina) or uncorrected, hemodynamically significant (ie, moderate-severe) primary structural valvular disease not due to HF, per investigator judgment.
- Currently receiving intermittent or continuous IV inotrope infusion, or presence of a ventricular assist device. Patients listed for cardiac transplantation may be enrolled provided transplantation is not likely to occur in the next 6 months.
- Currently receiving or deemed at high risk of requiring chronic renal replacement therapy (e.g., hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis) within 6 months.
- Treatment with any investigational agent(s) for HF within 28 days prior to Day 1.
- Malignancy that is active or has been diagnosed within 3 years prior to screening, except surgically curatively resected in situ malignancies or surgically cured early breast cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma) or cervical cancer.
- Non-cardiac condition that limits lifespan to < 1 year.
- Serum positive for hepatitis B surface antigen, viremic hepatitis C, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) at screening.