A Study Assessing the Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of FHTR2163 in Participants With Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
This study will evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of intravitreal injections of FHTR2163 administered every 4 weeks (Q4W) or every 8 weeks (Q8W) for approximately 76 weeks in participants with geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD) compared with sham control. After completing the study's last visit (Week 76), eligible participants will have the option to enroll in open-label extension study NCT03972709 (GR42558) and receive open-label FHTR2163 injections.
- Age >/= 60 years at time of signing Informed Consent Form;
- Visual acuity: best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) letter score >/= 24 letters (Snellen equivalent of 20/320 or better). If the study eye BCVA letter score is >/= 69 letters (Snellen equivalent of 20/40 or better), the non-study eye must have a BCVA letter score of >/= 44 letters (Snellen equivalent of 20/125 or better);
- Well-demarcated area of GA secondary to AMD with no evidence of prior or active choroidal neovascularization (CNV) in either eye.
Ocular Exclusion Criteria, Study Eye:
- History of vitrectomy surgery, submacular surgery, or any surgical intervention for AMD;
- Previous laser photocoagulation or ITV anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) for CNV, diabetic macular edema, retinal vein occlusion, or proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
Ocular Exclusion Criteria, Both Eyes:
- GA in either eye due to causes other than AMD;
- Active uveitis and/or vitritis (grade trace or above) in either eye;
- Active, infectious conjunctivitis, keratitis, scleritis, or endophthalmitis in either eye;
- Retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) tear that involves the macula in either eye;
- Previous participation in interventional clinical trials for GA or dry AMD, except for vitamins and minerals, regardless of the route of administration (i.e., ocular or systemic) within the last 6 months.