Study to Determine the Effect of Synbiotics in Patients With Pre-diabetes
The aim of this study is to examine the effect of Metabolic Rheostat™ and Butyrate Ultra on blood glucose levels after a liquid meal challenge in patients with prediabetes. In addition, the study also aims to look at the effect of Metabolic Rheostat™ and Butyrate Ultra on weight, HgbA1c, fasting glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, inflammation markers, and hormones.
- Male and female subjects with pre-diabetes.
- Age> 18 years
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent.
- Willing and able to comply with trial protocol and follow-up.
- Current use of any other investigational agent.
- Current use of any agent for treatment of diabetes.
- History of adverse effects, intolerance, or allergic reactions attributed to any medications.
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit compliance with study requirements.
- Abnormal blood analysis for complete blood count (CBC), hepatic and renal injury tests.