How Do I Report A Concern?
There are many reporting channels available to you. You can report concerns or your knowledge of potential compliance issues to your supervisor, the Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer, the Hotline, or to the office responsible for ensuring compliance with a specific law or policy. Additional UCLA resources are also available for reporting concerns.
As a member of UCLA Health Sciences' workforce, you have a personal responsibility to report any activity that appears to violate the Code of Conduct, UCLA Health System policies, Campus policies, UCOP policies, or any applicable laws or regulations. If you become aware of a compliance violation and fail to report it, you may be subject to corrective or disciplinary action.
What to Report?
Some examples of potential legal, policy, or ethical conduct violations include:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Computer Misuse/Information Security
- Fraud, Theft, Waste, or Abuse
- Privacy/Personal Information Security
- Non-compliant, fraudulent, or abusive practices in documentation, coding, or billing
- Violations of state or federal law
- Violations of UCLA Health System or Campus policies and procedures
- Violations of the University’s Sexual Violence / Sexual Harassment policies
- Violations of the University’s Discrimination Harassment and Affirmative Action in the Workplace policy
Where to Report?
The following resources are available to report possible compliance issues:
- Your immediate supervisor or manager
- Immediately discuss the issue with your supervisor, manager, or team leader. Your supervisor should provide a timely response or work to seek alternative solutions.
- A higher level manager
- If you are not comfortable speaking with a direct supervisor or manager, you should contact a higher level manager in the department or within the Health System.
- UCLA Health Office of Compliance Services (OCS)
- You may present a concern, ask a question, or report issues where you believe that you have not received an appropriate, timely response from a supervisor to OCS at either (310) 794-6763, email to [email protected], or by submitting an online report.
- UCLA Health Sciences Chief Compliance Officer
- The Chief Compliance Officer has been designated as the individual with lead responsibility for compliance issues and may be reached at (310) 794-6763, email to [email protected], or by submitting an online report.
- Call the Compliance Hotline:
- You can also report concerns by calling the UCLA Health Compliance Hotline at (800) 403-4744.
- The Compliance Hotline is a 24-hour, 7 day-a-week resource for reporting potential legal, policy, or ethical conduct violations or concerns. You have the option to remain anonymous when submitting reports via the Compliance Hotline. Retaliation against employees who report any concern in good faith is against our policies.
Obtain help from University resources
You can contact University management within other departments or the Office of the President. There are a number of resources within the University that are available to help, including the Compliance Office, Ombuds Office, Human Resources, Auditing and Services, and Campus Counsel.