Your Comprehensive 'Welcome to Medicare' visit includes:
- A review of your medical history
- Preventive tests and screenings
- A physical exam
- Education, counseling and referrals based on the results of your physical exam
- Review of risk factors for depression
Yearly 'Wellness' Visit Coverage
Medicare also covers a yearly "wellness" visit. The yearly "wellness" visit is not an annual physical; it is a regular strategy session designed to help you and your doctor develop an ongoing health plan intended to keep you healthy, safe and independent for a long time. It will enable you and your doctor to develop or update a prevention plan, based on your current health and risk factors. You'll pay nothing for the visit as long as your doctor accepts Medicare assignment.
To make the most of your 'Welcome to Medicare' or 'Medicare Wellness Visit,' you should bring the following items with you:
- Medical records, including immunization records
- Family health history - before you appointment, try to learn as much as you can about your family's health history. Any information you can give your doctor can help determine if you're at risk for certain diseases
- A list of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications that you currently take, how often you take them and why
UCLA is able to provide these office visits for you. For more information, call 310-825-2631 or 310-582-6285 (Department of Medicine).
For additional information, please visit www.medicare.gov or contact your employer.
Outpatient Geriatric Medicine offices
UCLA Geriatric Medicine in Westwood
Peter Morton Medical Building
200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 420
Los Angeles, CA 90095
UCLA Geriatric Medicine in Santa Monica
1245 16th St., Suite 309
Santa Monica, CA