The Bruin Beans Health Club (BBHC) aims to foster future leaders in healthcare with opportunities in clinical research, and health education and outreach, career development.
Bruin Beans works with members of all aspects of healthcare to properly advance kidney health; in modern medicine the proper treatment of patients and patient populations requires the cooperative work of individuals from varying fields including: dieticians, nurses, physician’s assistants, doctors, therapists, public health, and public policy.
From hypertension studies to rare genetic disorders like Fabry disease, BBHC has paired with Doctor Anjay Rastogi's research office, one of the largest at UCLA, to increase the medical body of literature on disease and disease prevention.
- UCLA SRP 99/199
- Patient and Doctor exposure
- Work directly with investigational medicinal products (IMP) and patients to gather clinical information with the ultimate goal of FDA approval
Health Education and Outreach
- UCLA Kidney Education Enhancement Program (UKEEP)
- Free quarterly comprehensive educational program for patients with kidney disease
- Topics include healthy lifestyle choices, diabetes and kidney health management.
- Kidney Fair: June 3rd
- Yearly UCLA Health Event
- 2K/3K Run Walk
- Kidney Month
- Academic Peer Mentorship
- Guest Lectures with:
- Physicians | Surgeons
- Nurse Practioners | Physician's Assistants
- Clinical Researchers | Basic & Clinical
- Medical Students | Residents | Fellows
- Dietitians | Social Workers
- Patients | Kidney Donors & Recipients
- Public Health
- And many more!
- Interview preparedness
- MCAT | PCAT | CNA | GRE