Diabetes Education Workshops
Our education team leads workshops for patients living with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Workshops are aimed at providing education in an interactive group setting whereby patients learn about the care and treatment of type 2 diabetes. Workshops are provided in various formats, including partial and day-long sessions on type 2 diabetes.
The Type 2 Diabetes full-day workshops address the following:
- Healthy Eating – Making healthy food choices is central to managing diabetes
- Being Active – Regular physical activity is important for improving overall health
- Monitoring – Knowing your levels is important for good control, learn what to do with your numbers
- Taking Medication – Medications are frequently part of a diabetes treatment plan
- Problem Solving – Learn strategies for dealing with diabetes related problems
- Reducing Risks – Learn how you have the ability to delay or avoid complications
- Healthy Coping – Living with diabetes can be overwhelming, learn how to decrease stress and improve your outlook
For more information, please call our diabetes education line at 310-794-1299.