In order to enable your physician to properly evaluate your condition please bring
the following items to your appointment:
- Prior medical records and consultations from other physicians who have investigated your medical problem should also be hand carried to the appointment.
- A complete list of the names and dosage of all the medications that you take.
- If you have been hospitalized for your current problem, please bring a copy of the discharge report.
- If you have heart disease or have been hospitalized with a heart problem, you need to bring a recent summary from your cardiologist or recent description of any hospitalizations for heart disease.
- Your insurance card(s) and claim form(s), if applicable.
- Letter of authorization (required by all HMOs). You must consult your primary care provider to get an authorization number. If you do not bring your authorization letter, you will be required to pay your consultation fee at the time of your visit. Please understand that as a patient, you are ultimately responsible for financial matters related to the medical services provided to you.
Length of Your Visit
Please allow 1-2 hours for your appointment. However, no two patient visits are exactly the same and your physician will spend as much time as needed to ensure appropriate assessment and understanding of your care. Please prepare for possible delays with the assurance that you, too will have the time you need with the doctor.
As our patient, you will receive the finest care and assistance for all of your medical needs. Fellows and residents in recidency programs, nurses, and technicians may assist your doctor during your visit. These individuals have special training and skills that make them an important part of our patient care team.
A Checklist for Your Visit
- The following list will help you remember items and information to bring with you when you:
- Medical records (consultation, operative, radiology reports)
- UCLA registration card or UCLA registration number __________________
- Insurance card(s)
- Completed patient questionnaires
- Other __________________