NOTICE: Unauthorized use of UCLA Health information systems and/or data, which includes inappropriate view, review, access and/or disclosure of medical and personal information can result in termination of access privileges, (ii) notification to the State and federal agencies, (iii) fines and reporting to licensing boards, and (iv) may constitute grounds for either civil action (for restitution) or criminal prosecution.
By using UCLA HealthLink I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the responsibilities regarding access and protection of confidential information as follows:
- UCLA will issue me a unique username/access code that will not be reassigned to any other individual. Upon logging in for the first time, I will change the system-assigned password to one known only by me. I understand that my password should be at least 8 characters long and the UCLA policy will be followed regarding the password.
- I will safeguard and will not disclose my access codes, passwords or any other authorizations I may have that allow me to access PHI to anyone. I will accept responsibility for all activities performed under my access codes, passwords or other authorizations.
- I will not use the access codes or passwords of another individual to access PHI.
- I will not access my own medical record. I will not access the medical records of my family members or friends, if I am not involved in their care or treatment.
- I understand that my activities and access to the EHR may be monitored and audited by UCLA.
- I acknowledge that my failure to comply with this Access Agreement may result in termination of access to the EHR as well as disciplinary action imposed by my employer which may include termination of employment.