HR Rep - Military Leave Entitlement – Military Caregiver
Meeting with employee:
- Complete and provide Notice of Eligibility and Rights and Responsibilities to employee.
- Educate employee on Military Family Leave Entitlement -Military Caregiver.
- Qualify employee for FML eligibility.
- Complete and provide Designation Notice to employee.
- Review employee accrual balance and provide options and instructions on time recording.
- Verify contact & email address information.
- Inform employee about direct payment responsibilities and all payroll deductions affected by his/her leave.
- Process leave in EDB as soon as approved LOAN and medical certification are submitted.
- Forward completed LOAN to manager/supervisor or designee.
- Provide time recording instructions to employee's manager/supervisor.
While Employee is on leave:
- Update EDB as necessary.
- Submit all extensions/corrections to disability unit analyst by copying them on ALL PANS.
When Employee Returns from Leave:
- Confirm with manager/supervisor employee's return to work date.
- Update EDB if necessary.
- Notify Benefits Analyst of employee's return to work via e-mail.
- Remind employee to re-enroll for benefits if cancelled while on leave.
- Instruct employee to contact Department Parking Coordinator or provide with new Parking Authorization form as appropriate.