HR Rep - Work Related Injury or Illness
Meeting with employee:
- Complete and provide Notice of Eligibility and Rights and Responsibilities to employee.
- Educate employee on FMLA for own serious health condition.
- Qualify employee for FMLA eligibility.
- Complete and provide Designation Notice to employee.
- Review employee accrual balance and refer to workers' compensation supplemental pay options.
- Verify contact & email address information.
- Inform employee about direct payment responsibilities and all payroll deductions affected by his/her leave.
- Provide employee with disability contact.
- Process leave in EDB as soon as approved LOAN and medical certification are submitted.
- Forward completed LOAN to manager/supervisor or designee.
- Provide initial time recording instructions to employee's manager/supervisor or refer manager/supervisor to Workers' Compensation Unit for more detailed instructions.
While Employee is on leave:
- Update LOAN as necessary.
- Update EDB as necessary.
- Submit all extensions/corrections to disability unit analyst by copying them on ALL PANS.
When Employee Returns from Leave:
- Confirm with manager/supervisor employee's return to work date.
- Request for Return to Work Certification from employee or manager/supervisor if you did not receive it.
- Update EDB if necessary.
- Notify Benefits Analyst of employee's return to work via e-mail.
- Remind employee to re-enroll for benefits if cancelled while on leave.
- Remind employee to contact Retirement Analyst regarding buy-back of service credit for Leave Without Pay.
- Instruct employee to contact Department Parking Coordinator or provide with new Parking Authorization form as appropriate.