Career Tracks (CT)
Organizes job titles into occupation-specific groupings called families (e.g., Information Technology, Finance, Student Services). Within each family are more specific groupings, called functions, which contain different levels of responsibility and scope. These groupings consist of standardized titles. Each title has a generic description of the work typically performed.
Career Tracks helps us
- Standardize job classification levels and job descriptions systemwide.
- Prepare job descriptions more quickly and easily.
- Classify job descriptions more quickly, supporting transparent classification decisions.
- Understand and explain the similarities and differences among specialties and levels.
- Easily identify specific types of positions across campus.
- Provide clearer development paths - matrices show progression of levels.
- Compare specific titles to the job market.
CareerTracks Job Description Portal