1. What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an educational platform that helps you discover and develop professional, business, and technology-related skills (and more) through expert-led course videos. You will have access to personalized, video-based learning 24/7 so you can develop relevant skills and grow professionally. There are over 16,000 courses and content is available in seven languages.
2. Is LinkedIn Learning replacing the Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS)?
No, LinkedIn Learning will not replace Cornerstone. These two systems will complement each other and you will be able to search, access, and launch LinkedIn Learning content from your Cornerstone profile. The LinkedIn Learning integration allows LinkedIn Learning content to be synchronized with the Cornerstone LMS. Learners can launch LinkedIn Learning content from the Cornerstone LMS or their LinkedIn Learning portal
and have their progress tracked in their LMS transcripts.
3. What topics/courses are available?
LinkedIn Learning currently has over 16,000 courses across a variety of topics, with 30-70 new courses added weekly. To learn more about the course topics, click here
4. In which languages is LinkedIn Learning content available?
LinkedIn Learning content is available is seven languages: Mandarin, French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Japanese.
5. What LinkedIn Learning technical support options do learners have?
The LinkedIn Learning Help Desk supports learners in resolving LinkedIn Learning account issues, course issues, or any other learner issues that are experienced on LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning technical support staff cannot resolve issues outside the scope of LinkedIn Learning such as UCLA Health single sign-on issues or issues experienced in Cornerstone. Click here to access the LinkedIn Learning Help Desk.
For questions/issues regarding LinkedIn Learning single-sign-on, please contact UCLA Health’s ISS team at x7-CARE (310-267-2273).
6. Can I download content for offline viewing?
7. Is there a cost to access these courses through LinkedIn Learning?
No, as a UCLA Health employee, all of the content offered though LinkedIn Learning is available to you free of charge.
8. If I do not see the answer to my question on this website, is there somewhere I can find more information?
If you have additional questions about how to use LinkedIn Learning, there are several resources available to you:
Access and Security
9. Who can access LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is currently available to UCLA Health faculty and staff.
10. How do I activate my LinkedIn Learning account for the first time?
To activate your account for the first time, launch the following introductory course entitled “How to Use LinkedIn Learning”. Upon signing in with your Mednet credentials and launching the course, you will be prompted to connect your LinkedIn profile if you have one (this is an optional step).
- If you connect your LinkedIn account, you can access LinkedIn Learning courses directly from the LinkedIn website (on the “Learning” tab), through the LinkedIn Learning app, or through UCLA Health’s LinkedIn Learning single sign-on portal.
- Users who are on site or accessing through VPN (GlobalProtect), will need to log in here to access LinkedIn Learning through single sign-on.
- If you opt out of connecting your LinkedIn account or you do not have a LinkedIn account, you can still access LinkedIn Learning courses through the Cornerstone LMS or directly through LinkedIn Learning by signing in through LinkedIn Learning single sign-on.
Here are some benefits of connecting your LinkedIn account:
- Personalized content and course recommendations
- Launch content directly from your LinkedIn profile
- Keep your learning history if you leave the institution
- Add course completions, certificates and newly learned skills to your profile
- Join LinkedIn Study Groups to keep the learning going after completing a course
11. How can I search for and access courses on LinkedIn Learning once I have set up my account?
It is highly recommended to use the LinkedIn Learning platform to search for and access courses.
Once you log in to LinkedIn Learning using your Mednet credentials, use the search bar at the top of the screen to enter your search criteria. For more information, watch the “How to Use LinkedIn Learning” tutorial.
12. How can I search or browse for LinkedIn Learning courses in the Cornerstone LMS?
To search for LinkedIn Learning courses in Cornerstone, locate the search bar in the upper right-hand corner of the Cornerstone homepage. Enter your search criteria by typing “Linkedin Learning” followed by any topic that you’d like to search. For example, you might enter “Linkedin Learning project management” or ‘Linkedin Learning leadership”. Courses will populate that meet your search criteria and you can select and launch the course directly from Cornerstone.
Please note that some of the courses that populate may be in other languages, as LinkedIn Learning content is available in seven different languages. Accessing the courses through the LinkedIn Learning single-sign-on portal allows you to filter by language.
13. Do I have to have a LinkedIn profile to activate LinkedIn Learning?
No, you do not need a LinkedIn profile to activate your LinkedIn Learning account. For more information, please see FAQ #10.
14. What should I do if I already have a LinkedIn Learning account?
If you have a personal/private account with LinkedIn Learning, it doesn't impact your UCLA Health account. You will now have access to the same content at no charge. You may choose to keep your private LinkedIn Learning account and transfer course activity between the accounts or you can cancel your private LinkedIn Learning account and use your UCLA Health LinkedIn Learning account instead. If you have further questions about this, please see the LinkedIn Learning Help Center
or contact [email protected]
15. If I connect my UCLA Health LinkedIn Learning account to my LinkedIn profile, what information will UCLA Health have access to?
If you choose to connect your LinkedIn profile, UCLA Health will only have access to your LinkedIn Learning course viewings. LinkedIn won’t share your personal information (such as job search history, connection request, emails, etc.) with UCLA Health.
16. What data does UCLA Health collect and/or report on my learning activity?
UCLA Health reports on aggregate user learning activity. This helps us target communications and build programs that meet user needs.
17. If I activate my account without a LinkedIn profile but later want to connect it, can I do so?
Yes. Simply go to the “Me” button on the top right of your LinkedIn Learning account, then go to “Settings,” and click “Connect my Profile”.
18. If I activate with a LinkedIn profile but later want to disconnect it, can I do so?
Yes. Simply go to the “Me” button on the top right of your LinkedIn Learning account, then go to “Settings,” and click “Disconnect my Profile”.
19. Who at UCLA Health can see what I am viewing / completing in LinkedIn Learning?
UCLA Health Learning and Development (CORE) reports on aggregate user learning activity, such as the content that users are viewing and completing. These reports will only be available to a few assigned administrators at UCLA Health.
20. Can I control what learning information is displayed on my LinkedIn profile?
Yes, your LinkedIn Learning course completions won't show on your LinkedIn profile unless you choose to add a completed course. You can choose to remove course completions from your LinkedIn profile at any time.
21. How can I control ads and marketing emails from LinkedIn Learning?
22. If I finish a course, can I take it again?
Yes, you can repeat or access any course as many times as you would like..
23. How do I learn the different features/functions of LinkedIn Learning?
For a full preview of the features/offerings and to learn about the benefits of using LinkedIn Learning, you can watch this quick course: How to Use LinkedIn Learning
24. What certifications and continuing education units / professional development units are offered through LinkedIn Learning?
There are many certifications and continuing education units available to UCLA Health LinkedIn Learning users, with more being added on a regular basis. For a full listing, visit here
. Don't forget to check back a few times a year, as LinkedIn Learning is regularly adding new content and engaging in new partnerships to expand the offerings.
25. Where can I see my learning history?
Your own learning history is available to you at any time. Simply log in to your LinkedIn Learning account, and under the “Me” button at the top right, select “Learning History”.
26. Can I save courses or videos to watch later
Yes, there is a “Saved” tab under “My Learning” that lists all courses or videos saved to view at a later time. You can save a course or video by selecting the “Save” button (which is just to the right of the course title when you search for courses).
27. Can I download/print course completion certificates?
Yes. Certificates of completion will be available in both the Cornerstone LMS and your LinkedIn Learning profile. If you opted to connect your LinkedIn profile to your LinkedIn Learning account, you can also add the LinkedIn Learning certificates to your LinkedIn profile.
- To access certificates in Cornerstone: Click on “My Transcript” and locate the course under your “Completed” courses. Click on the dropdown menu for the course and select “View Certificate”.
- To access certificates in LinkedIn Learning: In your learning history, navigate to any completed course and click the “more” (3 dot) button to the right. Here you can “add to profile” (if you’ve connected with a LinkedIn account) or “download certificate” to save a digital file or to print.
28. How can I see when new courses are added or what content is recommended for UCLA Health employees?
There are a few ways to see the new courses that have been added or curated.
- If you’re searching for a particular topic using the search bar, once you’ve done a search, click on the “sort by” drop-down at the top right and click “newest”. It will show you the newest (most recently added) courses on that topic at the top of the search results.
- UCLA Health Learning and Development (CORE) will regularly curate content and recommend courses. Highlighted courses will be featured in our departmental advertisements/newsletters. Keep an eye on your email inbox!
- You can subscribe to the LinkedIn Learning blog here, and every Monday an article will be sent to you that lists the new course titles that were added that week.
29. I am a leader at UCLA Health. Can you share some tips for leveraging this tool for my team’s professional development?
To best leverage this resource, find ways to integrate learning into your team’s daily operations, team meetings and goals:
- Tie LinkedIn Learning courses to your team’s goals and career development plans.
- Allow your team to block a specified amount of time for learning on their Outlook calendars each quarter.
- Find opportunities for “just in time” learning using two-to-three-minute videos. Incorporate these topics into your team huddles, team meetings, etc.
- Contact UCLA Health Learning and Development (CORE) at [email protected] to find out how to become a curator of content so that you can recommend courses to your team.