Latest Provider and Staff Information
The following is the latest information on our services and how to obtain them:
- Vendor over-the-phone (310-267-8001 option 3) and video-remote (blue Cyracom iPad carts) interpretation services remain accessible 24/7.
- Additionally, UCLA staff interpreters are available via MyChart Video Visit, Zoom, and telephone:
- UCLA staff Spanish interpreters are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, to provide service via MyChart Video Visit, Zoom, and telephone.
Whenever possible, please submit requests 48 hours in advance.
- If you need a Spanish staff interpreter for a MyChart Video Visit or Zoom meeting taking place during business hours, please submit the online request form.
- If you need a Spanish interpreter for a scheduled Zoom meeting after-hours, including weekends, a request needs to be submitted in advance using the online request form, during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Languages Other than Spanish (including American Sign Language)
- Interpretation services for MyChart Video Visits are currently not available for languages other than Spanish. We suggest converting these encounters to phone or Zoom if an interpreter is needed.
- If you need an interpreter for a scheduled Zoom meeting in a language other than Spanish (including after-hours and weekends) a request needs to be submitted in advance using the online request form, during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Click here for information on regulations and guidance on communicating with Deaf, Deaf/Blind, and Hard of Hearing Patients and their Caregivers.
Interpretation Services for Last-minute Zoom Meetings
- Interpretation services for last-minute Zoom meetings are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the following languages: Spanish, American Sign Language, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian, and Vietnamese. To obtain this service, please contact us at 310-267-8001 and select option 1.
**For critical or exceptional cases where an in-person interpreter is imperative to the communication, please contact us.