- Obtain the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory eye drops prescribe by your doctor. Bring them with you the day of the procedure.
- Stop wearing rigid contact lenses three weeks or more before surgery.
- Stop wearing soft contact lenses three days or more before surgery.
- Stop wearing eye cosmetics three days before surgery and keep your eyelids especially clean during this time.
- Inform your doctor if you are or you plan to become pregnant before your procedure.
- The evening before the procedure, clean your eyelids with a warm washcloth.
- Have some aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), or Tylenol around to take when you come home after the procedure.
- These preoperative instructions are generic. Contact your doctor’s office for any additional instructions or exceptions to these instructions.
Download a copy of the instructions >