First Visit For Patients
What to do in preparation of your first visit to UCLA:
Please complete a Medical History Questionnaire and bring it with you to your appointment:
Please arrange to have all medical documents:
- Operation reports, pathology reports and radiology reports
- Doctor’s notes, etc. pertaining to your current problem and performed outside of the UCLA health system faxed to us.
- Be advised that current privacy laws require your written consent for personal health information to be transmitted.
- Please make your document requests well in advance to allow adequate time for us to receive and review them before your first visit.
- Request copies of medical images (chest CT scans, whole body PET-CT scans and chest MRI scans) done outside of the UCLA Health System and have them with you when you come to your appointment.
If you have older medical image studies, then please bring them with you as well as this can often be very helpful.
- If you have had biopsies or prior chest surgery performed outside of the UCLA system, your tissue specimens may need to be reviewed by our pathologists. Please bring the pathology slides with you.
- Please make a list of questions that you wish to ask the doctor. If you do this in advance, you will be less likely to forget something.
What to expect on your first visit:
- Your Medical History Questionnaire, medical records from other hospitals, medical imaging studies and pathology slides will be collected and reviewed.
- A doctor will evaluate you. Nurses, nurse practitioners, resident physicians and medical students may participate in your care.
- After your evaluation, a definitive plan will be generated. Additional testing and/or surgery may be recommended.
- Please ask your questions.
What to bring with you:
- Your completed forms, medical records from outside of UCLA, medical images and list of questions.
- All contact information of your referring physicians and primary care provider.
- List of your current medications including dosage and frequency.
If you require a medical translator, please call (310) 825-7636 in advance of your appointment to make the appropriate arrangements.
Appointments - Directions