Application Process & Contact Information
Eligibility Criteria for Fellowship Training at UCLA
- MD (Medical Degree) or equivalent.
- US Citizenship, Canadian Citizenship, or permanent resident status in the US is preferred.
- ** For Non-Citizens: We can consider applicants who carry J-1 or H-1b visas on a case-by-case basis (please send your CV for review). Currently all other visa types are not eligible for fellowship.
- Completion of 3 years of pediatric residency in an ACGME-approved program.
- Expectation of satisfactory completion of requirements for Certification in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- UCLA participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). You must register with the NRMP and provide us with your NRMP #.
- California Medical License (at the time of starting fellowship).
- To find out more about UCLA Fellowship salaries and benefits, life in Los Angeles and other information, please visit the UCLA Graduate Medical Education website.
Board certification eligibility upon fellowship completion: Pediatric Endocrinology
Length of fellowship: 3 years
Number of fellowship positions available per year: 2
All applications must be submitted through ERAS, including CV, personal statement, and 3 letters of recommendations. The position is competitive, so please submit your applications early. Upon application receipt, we will notify you of interview availability.
Timeline for Application
Applications will be reviewed starting July 15
Interviews will be scheduled from September to November
Rank List due in November
Match Day in December
Dennis Chia, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Fellowship Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program!