Find your care
Welcome to Emmi, our interactive patient education system.
Emmi will help you have a better understanding and level of comfort about an upcoming surgical procedure. You'll learn how a procedure works, what to expect when you go home, what to do before and after your surgery, the risks, benefits and alternatives. You'll have the opportunity to identify questions as you think of them, and print a handy reminder sheet to bring to discuss with your doctor during your pre-op visit. Our hope is that you will be more knowledgeable and confident throughout your treatment process. This is just part of the UCLA Health advantage.
- What is Emmi? - Emmi is a free, interactive program that your doctor wants you to view online. It's an easy way to learn what to expect before, during and after your procedure.
- Why should I visit Emmi? - Emmi helps you understand what you need to know and takes you through your procedure step by step. Knowing what to expect can help you feel more comfortable and can even help you recover faster. It answers your questions - even the ones you didn't know you had.
- How long does an Emmi program take? - Emmi programs will take about 15 to 30 minutes to view, depending on the procedure and internet connection. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience. If you do not finish watching the program the first time, you can always begin where you previously left off.
Patient Education Videos Available
- Breast Biopsy: Image-guided needle
- Breast Biopsy: Surgical
- Breast Cancer: Early Stage Invasive
- Lumpectomy for Malignancy