At UCLA Health, we want to assure you that we have implemented protocols to provide safe and quality care to our patients, while also protecting our physicians and staff.
Symptom screening and testing
- Temperature checks and symptom screening on every person (patient/visitors and staff) at the entrance to the medical buildings.
- All patients undergoing a procedure must get COVID testing within 1-2 days prior to their procedure.
Masks and social distancing
- Every person is required to wear face masks, including in the procedure and recovery areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available at every entrance and throughout each building.
- In an effort to minimize the number of people present in the pre-op/recovery area, we request having a visitor accompany the patient to this area only if necessary.
Procedure area and equipment cleaning
- Our procedure units follow strict protocols (coming from the state and federal infection control requirements) to protect our patients.
- Our cleaning procedures adhere to the most stringent recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and are regularly reviewed by both CMS (agency for Medicare) and hospital accreditation organizations.