CENTER-Approved Travel Process
UCLA Health Nursing
CENTER for Nursing Excellence Travel Processes and Procedures?
Please follow these steps for CENTER supported travel requests:
- Review the Guidelines for Support of External Conference Presentation.
- A Request for Center-Sponsored Travel Support form must be completed and approved prior to travel.
- Conference Registration: You may either request that a Check Request be prepared in advance, or pay for the conference (pending support approval) and request reimbursement when you return.
- If you will be requesting that a check be prepared in advance, register for the conference first, then attach your registration to the CENTER for Nursing Excellence Supported Travel Request Form, where indicated.
- Once we receive your Center for Nursing Excellence Supported Travel Request Form, we will generate and send you a Pre-Travel Authorization ("PTA")
- When you are ready to arrange your flights (and after receiving the PTA), contact the UCLA Travel Center to provide them with your travel dates and preferences (airline, seating, frequent flyer information, etc.). You may also choose to contact Travel Accounting by phone at 800-235-8252.
- You are responsible for providing the PTA number to Travel Accounting within their stated deadline period after you have confirmed your flight arrangements. Note that once you submit this number, your flight is paid for and usually not refundable.
- Please make your hotel reservations according to accepted UCLA Travel policy. Charges will be reimbursed post-conference.
- To receive reimbursement for your expenses following your travel, you will be required to submit copies of itemized, applicable meal, travel, lodging and incidental expense receipts at the conclusion of the event (and no more than 30 days past the last date of travel) – these receipts should be submitted using the Center for Nursing Excellence Travel Reimbursement Request Form.
- Prior to your travel, please be aware of UCLA Travel Policy and Resource Information, including recent travel policy changes affecting per diem meal and hotel maximum reimbursement rates. Only travel expenses, including hotel expenses and coach or economy flight fares actually incurred, and in accordance with Travel Policy G-28, are reimbursable. Please review the links above for more information.
- Should you have any questions, contact Karyn Greenstone or Kissy Vasquez.