CENTER-Approved Travel Process
UCLA Health Nursing
CENTER for Nursing Excellence Travel Processes and Procedures
Please follow these steps for CENTER supported travel requests:
- Review the CENTER Guidelines for Support of External Conference Presentation.
- A Request for Center-Sponsored Travel Support form must be completed and approved prior to travel. This form is located on the Travel Request Information and Processes Document
- Conference Registration: You may either request that a Check Request be prepared in advance, or pay for the conference (pending support approval) and request reimbursement when you return.
- If you will be requesting that a check be prepared in advance, register for the conference first, then attach your registration to the CENTER for Nursing Excellence Supported Travel Request Form, where indicated.
- Once we receive your Travel Request Form, you will be contacted with detailed instructions on how to book your travel.
- Please do not book your travel until you have received the confirmation email.
- All air travel should be booked through UC Travel Center, as indicated in the instructions you will receive.
- Should you have any questions, contact Travel Accounting by email or phone at 800-235-8252.
- Note that once you submit your Pre-Travel Authorization ("PTA") number, your flight is paid for and usually not refundable.
- If you need to cancel any part of your trip, be sure to contact UCLA Travel Accounting as soon as possible, and notify Kizzy Vasquez.
- Please make your hotel and air reservations according to accepted UCLA Travel policy. Charges will be reimbursed post-conference. Hotel reservations can now be direct billed by contacting UCLA Travel Accounting (see above contact information).
- To receive reimbursement for your expenses following your travel, you will be required to submit copies of itemized, applicable meal, travel, lodging and incidental expense receipts at the conclusion of the event (and no more than 30 days past the last date of travel). Please follow the instructions you receive in your travel approval email.
- Prior to your travel, please be aware of UCLA Travel Policy and Resource Information, including recent travel policy changes affecting per diem meal and hotel maximum reimbursement rates. Only travel expenses, including hotel expenses and coach or economy flight fares actually incurred, and in accordance with Travel Policy G-28, are reimbursable. Please review the links above for more information.
- Should you have any questions, contact Karyn Greenstone or Kissy Vasquez.