Preceptor Development Training
2-Day Preceptor Development Training
Throughout the 2-day consecutive workshop, participants will learn to: bridge cultural and generational differences, define role(s) and expectations (build the foundation), incorporate learning styles and teaching techniques, develop critical thinking, and give/receive feedback. Click HERE to view flyer.
Preceptors must have at least 1 year of work experience at UCLA Health. Experienced, inexperienced, preceptor mentors, and future preceptors are welcome to register.
Contacts for Enrollment and Questions:
- Online Registration is through your UD/CNS/ANII/Educator in Cornerstone
- Class size is limited, so sign up today!
- For questions contact the Course Coordinator - Arika Duchene in the Center for Nursing Excellence at ADuchene@mednet.ucla.edu or call 310-267-3303
Content for this workshop includes:
Upcoming Dates (attendance for both days is required, No partial credit will be offered):
- May 1 & 2, 2019 (Wednesday and Thursday)
- June 24 & 25, 2019 (Monday and Tuesday)
- August 26 & 27, 2019 (Monday and Tuesday)
- December 5 & 6, 2019 (Thursday and Friday)
Time of the Course (attendance on day one is a prerequisite for day two):
- Day 1: 8:00am - 5:00 pm
- Day 2: 8:00am - 5:00 pm
- Nurses will be awarded 15 contact hours for participation in the course
- UCLA Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- UCLA Health is an approved Provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider number 12511, for 18 hours
- No Partial CE credit given