Key Documents and Minutes
Transformational Leadership Council Charter
The primary purpose of the Transformational Leadership Council is to cultivate a strong professional practice at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical and Orthopaedic Hospital by means of strategic planning, advocacy and influence. Through regular communication with direct-care nurses, TL Council members will strive to empower nurses to be visionary, inspiring, respectful transformational leaders.
Scope of activity includes the following:
- Align nursing's mission, vision, values, strategic and quality plans with hospital plans
- Provide mechanisms for all nurses to advocate for resources
- Help improve the organization's effectiveness and efficiency
Advocacy and Influence
- Assist the CNO with organization wide changes
- Guide the change process.
- Oversee leadership development, performance management, mentoring, and succession planning for all nurse leaders
- Support nurse leaders in valuing, encouraging, rewarding/recognizing and implementing innovations.
Visibility, Accessibility and Communication
- Solicit input from staff nurses on how to improve the work environment and patient care
- Assist the CNO with visibility and accessibility to direct care nurses
- Establish methods for staff nurses to access all nurse leaders
Click here to download the full Council Charter
Council Components and Sources of Evidence