Obstetrics and Gynecology
Orthopaedics Research Center
- 1982 Bachelor of Arts in Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Research advisor: Professor Aubrey Gorbman
- 1993 Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Biological Structure,
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA.
- Role of wnt genes in maintenance of stem cell microenvironments in bone.
- Genetic regulation of Cancer Progression,
- Role of Stem cells and microenvironment on Breast cancer progression
- Stem cell identity in epithelial progenitors
- Origin of tumor microvascular cells and role of circulating endothelial precursors (endothelial stem cells) in the progression of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Health Disparities.
- 2005-2008 RSG-05-034-01-CSM Lane (PI)
American Cancer Society, "Targeting endothelial cell progenitors in anti-angiogenic therapy."
- 2005-2010 R01-CA107002-01A1 Lane (PI) NIH/NCI
"Therapeutic anti-angiogenesis and tumor microenvironment."
- 2009-2011 Lane (co-PI)
"Modeling of Pathological and Developmental Angiogenesis"
- 1987-1992 NRSA predoctoral Fellow
- 1989 American Society of Cell Biology, Graduate Student Award
- 1990 American Society of Zoologists, Graduate Prize
- 1993-1996 Howard Hughes Post-doctoral Fellow
- 1996 Massachusetts Breast Cancer Fellow
- 1997 Department of Defense Breast Cancer Fellow
- 1998 Stop Cancer Research Career Development Award
- 2000 Stein-Oppenheimer Fellow
- 2000-2002 Margaret E. Early Foundation Fellow
- 2003-2006 Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy (ACGT) Young Investigator
- 2005-2009 American Cancer Society (ACS) Young Investigator Award.
PUBLICATIONS (recent articles)
- Miranda GA, SA Krum, Q Deng, A Collado Hidalgo, K Yee, M Nava, M Singer, Z Galic, JA Zack, K Nakayama, KI Nakayama, TF Lane (2008) A functional link between Wnt signaling and SKP2-independent p27 turnover in mammary tumors. Genes and Development 22:3121-34
- Moraes RC, H Chang, N Harrington, JD Landua, JT Prigge, TF Lane, BJ Wainwright, PA Hamel, MT Lewis (2009) Ptch1 is required locally for mammary gland morphogenesis and systemically for ductal elongation. Development. 136:1423-32.
- Morizono K, Xie Y, G Helguela. TF Lane, M Penichet, ISY Chen. (2009). A Versatile targeting system with lentiviral vectors bearing the biotin-adaptor peptide. Journal of Gene Medicine 11(8):655-63.
- Liu Q, DH Nguyen, Q Dong, P Shitaku, K Chung, OY Liu, JL Tso, JY Liu, TF Cloughesy, PS Mischel, TF Lane, LM Liau, SF Nelson, CL Tso (2009). Molecular properties of CD133+ glioblastoma stem cells derived from treatment-refractory recurrent brain tumors. Journal of Neuro-Oncology 94:1-19.
- Terauchi M, Y Gao, S Galley, Xiaoying Yang, L Gilbert, M Nanes, M Zayzafoon, GA Miranda-Carboni, MA Singer, TF Lane, MN Weitzmann, R Pacifici. T Lymphocytes amplify the anabolic activity of parathyroid hormone through Wnt10b signaling. Cell Metabolism 10(3):229-40.
Link to My Pubmed Publications >