UCLA has one of the only integrated practice units of its kind, focusing exclusively on pancreatic cancer and disease. This innovative clinic structure features a team of experts in one central location, helping you get treated quickly and without having to wait weeks between specialist appointments.
UCLA Agi Hirshberg Center for Pancreatic Disease: Why Choose Us?
Hundreds of patients come to UCLA every year because of the unique advantages our program offers. Highlights of UCLA’s Agi Hirshberg Center for Pancreatic Disease include:
- Innovative patient care model: Unlike other hospitals where surgeons, oncologists and radiologists are spread out across different departments, our centralized clinic lets you see multiple specialists in a single visit. This means fewer appointments and calls, plus an entire team working together to get you the best treatment possible.
- Cutting-edge treatments: We offer advanced tests and treatments not found at many other centers. This includes DOTA-TATE Gallium-68 PET scans and peptide receptor radionuclide therapy for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, as well as auto-islet cell transplant for chronic pancreatitis. Learn more about the pancreatic conditions we treat and the innovative pancreatic disease treatments available at UCLA.
- Highly skilled physician team: Our team performs more pancreatic surgeries than most hospitals in southern California. Our high level of expertise means fewer complications and better outcomes for patients.
- Extensive research program: Our center has a large research program. This gives patients access to investigative treatments and clinical trials unavailable at smaller facilities.
UCLA’s integrated clinic helps patients get diagnosed and treated faster, all while providing personalized, team-based care. Here’s what you can expect when you come to our clinic:
- Our nurse coordinator and dedicated program staff will help you right from the beginning. This includes making an appointment and transferring all medical records and studies.
- Our team then reviews your case at our weekly conference and comes up with a plan for your first visit.
- During your appointment, you’ll see all the appropriate specialists in a single visit. Depending on your condition, doctors may even be able to provide treatment.
- Our team closely follows your case throughout your course of treatment. Instead of having to call multiple specialists’ offices, our nurse coordinator handles all questions and scheduling.
Our Expert Team
Our highly experienced team includes experts in multiple fields related to pancreatic disease. At UCLA’s Center for Pancreatic Disease, patients have access to specialists in areas like:
- Interventional Endoscopy (a minimally invasive technique where specialists insert a thin, flexible tube into the digestive tract)
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical Oncology
For more information or to make an appointment with our team of specialists, please call us at (310) 206-6889. You can also submit an appointment request.