People from across the United States and around the world seek out UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC) for the latest advances in cancer care. We treat a broad range of common and rare cancers using the most effective experimental and traditional treatments.
We provide world-class medical expertise, personalized to your needs and cultural considerations. Find out what’s possible with our esteemed cancer experts by your side.
Ready to learn more? Take the first step to become a patient.
UCLA Health’s Oncology Care: Why Choose Us?
Patients come to UCLA to receive the most advanced cancer care available, but they benefit from so much more.
Patients throughout the world choose UCLA’s cancer center for our:
Renowned cancer expertise: Our team includes more than 500 physicians and scientists who handle 20,000 patient visits each year. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks the JCCC as one of the best cancer centers in California and one of the top cancer hospitals in the United States. Our designation as a comprehensive cancer center by the National Cancer Institute is a testament to our excellence in cancer care and research.
Leading cancer treatments: UCLA has an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies. Our researchers helped develop successful targeted cancer therapies, such as Herceptin®. We also helped develop CAR T-cell immunotherapy for certain types of blood cancers — and were one of the first U.S. hospitals to offer this promising treatment.
Cohesive care team: Our multidisciplinary team of oncology experts includes surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists and support professionals who all work with a single goal of optimizing your care. They work together to customize your treatment plan to your needs, offering the best chance to rid your body of disease.
Online second opinions: Secure video-conferencing technology brings our medical expertise to you. A second opinion consultation with one of our oncology experts can help you decide whether traveling to UCLA Health for cancer treatment is best for you.
Our Oncology Specialties
Our oncology experts specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many primary and metastatic cancers, including:
- Blood cancer, including lymphoma
- Brain tumors, such as brain metastases
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal and other Gastrointestinal cancers
- Gynecologic cancer, such as ovarian cancer
- Head and neck cancer, including thyroid cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer, such as melanoma
Common medical records needed for review
(Please note, additional records may be requested depending on diagnosis)
- MRI scans needed on disc (last 3 scans (including post op scan), which you can obtain from your hospital film library or medical record department.
- Pathology report (including molecular markers, if possible)
- Medical records concerning tumor treatment (radiation/chemo notes, surgery note, discharge note, & most recent progress notes, if possible)
- Current status update (physical/cognitive functioning)
How to get your records & scans to us:
- Our Patient Navigation team will provide you with secure links to upload any medical reports/imaging.
- Please Note: If you have access to “Mychart” app, your outside hospital records may be able to link with UCLA. Please go to Mychart app, and link your local hospital with UCLA so we can share records. Medical records can be viewed, but not imaging scans (MRI, CT, etc).