Donating blood is safe. The UCLA Blood & Platelet Center takes the following safety measures to help protect our staff and donors:
- Walk-in donors are welcome. Donors with appointments are given priority.
- The UCLA Blood & Platelet Center follows procedures for cleaning and disinfecting all areas and increase the frequency, such as cleaning the donor bed and other surfaces in the collection area after each donor.
- We clean and disinfect the donor screening and refreshment areas, restrooms, doorknobs and other surfaces frequently.
- We provide our donors individually wrapped snacks and drinks.
- UCLA staff follow UCLA COVID-19 policy and must stay home from work if they are sick.
- Donors must wear face covering to enter the donor center.
Learn more about AABB Donor Center Focus on Safety.