Live-Online Instruction Taught Simultaniously in English and Spanish
*Scholarships available to those who qualify.
This training program is proudly co-sponsored by the Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA and the Mexican Institute for Mindfulness.
Lesson 1: Overview
- Overviewing the Spectrum of Awareness Practices
- How these practices map up against traditional meditation practices
- Where does our personal practice lie on this MAP?
- How we can teach the full range of practices to our students and help them become their own guide in expanding their meditation practice
Lesson 2: Focused Awareness
- What is Focused Awareness and what purpose does it serve?
- Techniques to build focus in your meditation
- Teaching students how to develop focus through meditation techniques
Lesson 3: Flexible Awareness Part 1: Investigative Awareness
- What is Investigative Awareness?
- How to lead meditations that move beyond focused awareness
- Teaching Working with Emotions as an investigative awareness practice
Lesson 4: Flexible Awareness Part 2: Choiceless/Open Awareness
- How to lead open awareness meditations
- What is choiceless awareness?
- Pointing Students towards Insight in all flexible awareness practices
Lesson 5: Introducing Natural Awareness
- What is Natural Awareness?
- An exploration of glimpse practices that can point us towards natural awareness
- How to introduce practice that point people towards the nature of awareness itself
- How to incorporate natural awareness into daily life
Lesson 6: Putting it all together
- How to use the full spectrum of awareness practices to guide students’ practice
- What type of awareness practice is most useful when?
- how to teach students to guide their own practices
- Next steps