Academic Staff Appointments
- Assistant Professor In Residence, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
Dr. West is a fellowship trained pediatric Head and Neck Surgeon. She is the director of the new Pediatric Airway Center at UCLA, which is one of the only multi-disciplinary centers in the country focusing on speech, swallowing, and breathing disorders. Her clinical interests are pediatric airway reconstruction, swallowing disorders, speech dysfunction, sinus disease, head and neck tumors, and hearing loss. She is a faculty member of the craniofacial team at UCLA, and travels abroad semiannually with charitable foundations to operate on children without health care. Dr. West completed her fellowship at the University of North Carolina, one of the leaders in hearing loss research and cochlear implantation. She brings that experience and expertise with her to UCLA where her core research is investigating auditory neuropathy and congenital deafness. In addition to the list of clinical interests above, Dr. West is currently offering minimally invasive sinuplasty for pediatric patients suffering from sinus disease.