Increasing physical activity and preventing disability among underserved older adults, improving quality of life among frail older adults, community-based research collaborations
Selected Recent Publications:
1. Davis MM, Bond LA, Howard A, Sarkisian CA, Primary care clinician expectations regarding aging. Gerontologist. 2011;51(6):856-66.
2. Kelley AS<, Ettner SL, Wenger NS, Sarkisian CA. Determinants of death in the hospital among older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Dec;59(12):2321-5.
3. Kelley AS, Ettner SL, Morrison RS, Du Q, Sarkisian C. Disability and decline in physical function associated with hospital use at end of life. J Gen Intern Med. 2012 Jul;27(7):794-800.
4. Cordasco KM, Homeier DC, Franco I, Wang PC, Sarkisian CA. Health literacy screening of geriatric monolingual Spanish-speaking patients using single-item literacy screening questions and education. Health Education Journal. 2012 Sep;71(5):597-605.
5. Hernandez R, Prohaska TR, Wang P, Sarkisian CA. The longitudinal relationship between depression and walking behavior in older Latinos: the "íCaminemos!" study. J Aging Health. 2013 Mar;25(2):319-41.
6. Choi SE, Reed PL, Sarkisian CA. Gender differences in the relationship between diabetes-specific quality of life and depressive symptoms in middle-aged and older Korean immigrants. Res Gerontol Nurs. 2013 Oct;6(4):283-92.