Dr. Dinesh Chhetri graduated magna cum laude from Brown University with a degree in Biochemistry. He then obtained his MD from UCLA School of Medicine, and graduated with distinction for his thesis on vocal fold paralysis and laryngeal reinnervation. He remained at UCLA for his residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and followed with further training with a 2-year Fellowship in Voice, Swallowing, and Airway Disorders. He is now an Associate Professor of Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. ChhetriÆs medical practice is devoted to voice disorders, swallowing disorders, and airway (breathing) disorders. He is the director of the UCLA Swallowing Disorders Program and is co-director of the Laryngology (Voice) program. He is an NIH funded researcher in the topic of Voice Disorders. He is known nationally and internationally for his clinical and research contributions in the arenas of laryngeal physiology, voice and swallowing disorders.
Academic Staff Appointments
- Associate Professor-in-Residence, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
Medical Staff Appointments
- Co-Director, Fellowship, Laryngology and Disorders of the Voice
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Broncho-Esophagological Association
- Dysphagia Research Society
- Los Angeles Otolaryngology Society
- The Triological Society
- American Laryngological Association