HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS (cont.)
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
- Hoag Memorial Hospital
The field of oncology blends my commitment to the physical, emotional and social well being of my patients with my interest in the science of medicine. I work closely with each patient to jointly decide the best course of treatment for that individual.
After growing up in Los Angeles, I spent 8 years in school on the east coast. I received my undergraduate education at Princeton University, after which I attended Harvard Medical School. Upon my subsequent return to Los Angeles, I completed my internship and residency in internal medicine at UCLA. My medical oncology fellowship and my hematology and bone marrow transplantation fellowship were at the City of Hope National Medical Center, where I remained as a staff physician in the Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research until 1999, participating in patient care and clinical research. To date, I have authored or coauthored numerous publications and have participated in many clinical studies.
My passion for patient education has led me to participate in community outreach and educational programs, informing the public about various cancer-related issues. My personal interests include cooking, movies and travel. I am an avid sports fan who enjoys hiking and outdoor adventures with my dogs.
- Undergraduate: Princeton University, BA, Summa Cum Laude in Chemistry
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School
Year Graduated: 1987
- Internship: UCLA, Internal Medicine
- Residency: UCLA, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: City of Hope National Medical Center, Medical Oncology and Hematology
- Board Certified: American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty of Medical Oncology