- Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery and Radiological Sciences
- Ruth and Raymond Stotter Endowed Chair in Neurosurgery
- Director of Education Interventional Neuroradiology
Nestor R. Gonzalez, MD, FAHA, Associate Professor in Neurosurgery and Radiological Sciences at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, has a unique training, having completed two separate and distinct residency training programs in both Radiology and Neurosurgery as well as a Fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology and Vascular Neurosurgery. In recognition to his excellence in neurological research, clinical and academic work, Dr. Gonzalez has received numerous awards including the Ruth and Raymond Stotter Endowed Chair in Neurosurgery in 2011, and the American Heart Association Innovation Award in 2012.
Dr. Gonzalez has additional interests in history of medicine and medical ethics, fields that he cultivated in his native country. He published numerous articles and ethical discussions, as well as papers and reviews in medical history. He was designated editor of the "Heraldo Medico" journal devoted to legal and ethical issues published by the Colombian Medical Federation and for several years work as Assistant Professor of History of Medicine and Medical Ethics in his medical school at the Rosario University, one of the most traditional and prestigious schools of Medicine in Latin-America, where he was honored with the equivalent of the Summa Cum Laude, Collegialium Majoris, and a medal for the highest grades ever in the history of the medical school.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Colombian Academy of Medicine (Since 1998)
- Colombian Society of Medical History (Since 1998)
- Colombian Medical Federation (Since 1996)
- American Medical Association (Since 2003)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (Since 2002)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons Section on Tumor (Since 2002)
- Section on History of Neurological Surgery (Since 2004)
- Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery (Since 2005)
- Fellow of the American Heart Association Stroke Council (2007)
- Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention (2007)