Medical Board Certifications
Areas of Focus
- Autoimmune Neuropathies
- Neuropathies associated with Systemic Diseases such as Sjogren Syndrome, Sarcoidosis, Vasculitis, etc.
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and Related Disorders
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathies (CIDP) and Related Disorders
- Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsy (HNPP)
- Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis (HSP)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
- Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy (FAP)
- Fabry Disease
Motor Neuron Disease
Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Study
- Shu F, Oberle R, Herndon E, Hatanpaa K, Battiste J, Vernino S. A Rare Adult Cause of Dizziness - Medulloblastoma. JAMA Neurology. 2014 Mar;71(3):360-3.2.
- Shu F, Vernino S. A Curious Case of Acute-Onset Asymmetric Lower Extremity Weakness. Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease. 14(3), March 2013.
- Shu F, Vernino S. Delayed, Iatrogenic Baroreceptor Failure. Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease. 15(3):19, March 2014.
- Shu F, Shieh P. Lifelong Congenital Weakness. Journal of Clinical Neuromuscular Disease. 16(3):15, March 2015.
- Shu F. A case series of neurological abnormalities associated with Sjögren syndrome – Removing inevitable confounders in complex presentations to make accurate diagnoses and provide effective treatments. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology 2018 May-Jun;36 Suppl 112(3):261-262. Epub 2018 Aug 27.
- De Vivoa C, Bertinib E, Swobodac K, Hwud W, Crawforde T, Finkelf R, Kirschnerg J, Kuntzi N, Parsons J, Ryan M, Butterfield R, Topaloglu H, Ben-Omrann T, Sansone V, Jong Y, Shu F, Staropoli J, Kerr D, Sandrock A, Stebbins C, Petrillo M, Braley G, Johnson K, Foster R, Gheuens S, Bhan Ishir, Reyna S, Fradette S, Farwell W, on behalf of the NURTURE Study Group. Nusinersen initiated in infants during the presymptomatic stage of spinal muscular atrophy: Interim Efficacy and Safety Results From the Phase 2 NURTURE Study. Neuromuscular Disorders. 2019;29(11); 842-856. doi.org/10.1016/j.nmd.2019.09.007.
- Bradshaw A, Khanlou N, Shu F. Dermatomyositis associated with Antibodies against SUMO Activating Enzyme (SAE). Poster Presentation. MDA 2020 Virtual Conference Hub. MDA Clinical and Scientific Conference. March 2020.
- Khosa S, Shu F, Khanlou N, Mishra S. A Case of Becker Muscular Dystrophy with Rimmed Vacuoles and Normal Dystrophin. Journal of Clinical Rheumatology. 2020 Dec;26(8):e307-8.
- Yerevanian A, Shu F. Pearls and Oy-sters: Number, Weaker, and Dizzier due to Transthyretin Amyloidosis After Two Liver Transplants. Neurology. Feb 2021, 96 (7) e1088-e1091; DOI: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000011289
- Shu F, Shu J. An Eight-Camera Fall Detection System Using Human Fall Pattern Recognition via Machine Learning by A Low-Cost Android Box. Scientific Reports 11, 2471 (2021). doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-81115-9
- Outstanding Teaching, Medical Neurosciences I, David Geffen-UCLA School of Medicine, 2016
- Healthcare Hugs from Our Community Award, “Commitment to excellence in a compassionate, collaborative, and professional environment of care for patients, families, and each other”, Service Excellence Department, UCLA Health C-ICARE, 2020
Global Top Ten Outstanding Overseas Young Persons Award, “Exceptional achievement, service, and contribution to society”, Federation of Overseas Chinese Associations. R.O.C. (Taiwan), 2021