Joshua E. Freedman, MD
Joshua Freedman, MD is a graduate of Yale College, and attended Yale Medical School as a National Institutes of health Medical Scientist Training Program Fellow. He has served as President of the American Association of Technology in Psychiatry and received the lifetime achievement award for advancing the use of technology in psychiatry.
Dr. Freedman is a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at UCLA where he is an Attending Physician in the Mood Disorders Clinic. He is founder and CEO of healthPiper.com He previously co-founded FKK Applied Research LLC, a fMRI-based neuromarketing company, and co-founded MSI Methylation Sciences, Inc, a pharmaceutical company.
Joshua Freedman, MD - Psychiatry
921 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90024
Medical Board Certification
- Iacoboni, M, Freedman, J, Kaplan, J, Jamieson, KF, Freedman, T, Knapp, B, and Fitzgerald, K New York Times (Sunday) Op-Ed (2007)
- Kaplan, J.T., Freedman, J., Iacoboni, M. Us versus them: Political attitudes and party affiliations influence neural response to faces of presidential candidates. Neuropsychologia, 45 (1): 55-64. (2007)
- Freedman, J. This is your Brain on Politics The New York Times op-ed, January 18 (2005)
- Freedman J. E., The diffusion of innovations into psychiatric practice. Psychiatric Services 12:1539-1540. (2002)
- Freedman, J.E., The Role of Information Technology in Evidenced-Based Psychiatry The Psychiatric Clinics of North America Robert E. Drake, Editor, W.B. Saunders Co. 26:833-850
- Freedman, Joshua, and Gorney, Roderick, Mental Health Encyclopedia of the Future. George Kurian & Graham Molitor, Editors, MacMillan Library Reference (1995)