Dr. Maggie DiNome is the Chief of Breast Surgery and the system director of Breast Health for UCLA. She received her undergraduate degree from Yale University and her medical degree from Duke University. She completed her surgical residency at Harvard's Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. She completed a research fellowship at UCLA in the Department Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology. Dr. DiNome served as acting Director of the Margie Petersen Breast Center and Chief of General Surgery at Saint John’s Health Center and acting Director of the John Wayne Cancer Institute Breast Fellowship before returning to UCLA as an Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery.
Dr. DiNome is a surgical breast specialist who focuses her practice solely on the surgical care of patients with benign and malignant breast disease. Her research interests are focused in the field of epigenetics and the role of epigenetic therapy in breast cancer treatment.
Medical Board Certifications
- DiNome ML, Orozco JIJ, Matsuba C, Manughian-Peter AO, Ensenyat-Mendez M, Chang SC, Jalas JR, Salomon MP, Marzese DM. Ann Surg Oncol. Clinicopathological Features of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Epigenetic Subtypes. 2019 Jul 24. doi: 10.1245/s10434-019-07565-8. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 31342401
- DiNome ML, Kusske AM, Attai DJ, Fischer CP, Hoyt AC. Breast Cancer Res Treat. Microchipping the breast: an effective new technology for localizing non-palpable breast lesions for surgery. 2019 May;175(1):165-170. doi: 10.1007/s10549-019-05143-w. Epub 2019 Jan 28. PMID: 30689105
- Voci A, Lee D, Ho E, Crane-Okada R, DiNome M. Breast Cancer Res Treat. Impact of port site scar on perception of patients with breast cancer: patient-reported outcomes. 2018 Aug;170(3):569-572. doi: 10.1007/s10549-018-4790-2. Epub 2018 Apr 24. PMID: 29693230
- Voci A, Bandera B, Ho E, Lee J, Goldfarb M, DiNome M. Breast J. Variations in cancer care for adolescents and young adults (AYAs) with ductal carcinoma in situ. 2018 Jul;24(4):555-560. doi: 10.1111/tbj.12999. Epub 2018 Mar 2. PMID: 29498448
- Hegde JV, Wang X, Attai DJ, DiNome ML, Kusske A, Hoyt AC, Hurvitz SA, Weidhaas JB, Steinberg ML, McCloskey SA. Clin Breast Cancer. Assessing the Effect of Lifetime Contralateral Breast Cancer Risk on the Selection of Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy for Unilateral Breast Cancer. 2018 Apr;18(2):e205-e218. doi: 10.1016/j.clbc.2017.09.010. Epub 2017 Sep 27. PMID: 29050918
- Hegde JV, Wang X, Attai DJ, DiNome ML, Kusske A, Hoyt AC, Hurvitz SA, Weidhaas JB, Steinberg ML, McCloskey SA. Breast Cancer Res Treat. Predictors associated with MRI surveillance screening in women with a personal history of unilateral breast cancer but without a genetic predisposition for future contralateral breast cancer. 2017 Nov;166(1):145-156. doi: 10.1007/s10549-017-4392-4. Epub 2017 Jul 12. PMID: 28702891
- Bustos MA, Salomon MP, Nelson N, Hsu SC, DiNome ML, Hoon DS, Marzese DM. Genom Data. Genome-wide chromatin accessibility, DNA methylation and gene expression analysis of histone deacetylase inhibition in triple-negative breast cancer. 2017 Feb 14;12:14-16. doi: 10.1016/j.gdata.2017.01.002. eCollection 2017 Jun. PMID: 28239551
- O'Connor V, Arena E, Albright J, Brown N, O'Connor R, Chung M, DiNome M, Shamonki J. Am Surg. Histological assessment of breast lesions identified exclusively by magnetic resonance. 2014 Oct;80(10):944-7. PMID: 25264635
- Xuan C, Shamonki JM, Chung A, Dinome ML, Chung M, Sieling PA, Lee DJ. PLoS One. Microbial dysbiosis is associated with human breast cancer. 2014 Jan 8;9(1):e83744. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0083744. eCollection 2014. PMID: 24421902
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2021
- Top Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 2018