UCLA Connected Health Pediatrics
Our Mattel Children’s Hospital Connected Health Program significantly expands the reach of our UCLA pediatric specialists. Using telehealth technology, our specialists connect and consult with doctors and patients throughout California and the world.
Our Pediatric Telehealth Programs
Here are some examples of our innovative pediatric telehealth programs:
- Virtual consultations: Pediatricians and patients at health clinics outside of the Los Angeles area can participate in real-time video consultations with UCLA specialists. UCLA Health Video Visits enable our specialists to evaluate young patients’ symptoms and provide diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Follow-up visits: Our specialists can use video visits to check on the effectiveness of a treatment plan, including medication concerns.
- I See U Baby: This innovative program allows parents, grandparents, siblings and other family members to watch live videos of an infant receiving care in our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Learn more about I See U Baby.
- Behavioral health services: We use video technology to deliver behavioral health services to pediatric patients in primary care settings outside of the Los Angeles area.
- International care: Our pediatric specialists use video conferencing capabilities to review cases and deliver diagnoses and treatment options to pediatric patients around the world.
- Specialized pediatric care: Our pediatric specialists offer telehealth services in these fields:
- Cardiology: Our pediatric cardiologists can conduct virtual echocardiogram readings (heart tests) to assist other physicians with treatment and follow-up care for young patients with heart problems.
- Infectious disease: For illnesses caused by bacteria, viruses or parasites
- Critical care: For life-threatening illnesses or injuries
- Endocrinology: For hormone-related problems
- General pediatrics: For common childhood ailments, such as rashes and ear infections
- Hematology/oncology: For blood- and/or cancer-related problems
- Neonatology: For critically ill infants
- Nephrology: For kidney problems
- Neurology: For disorders of the nervous system
- Neurosurgery: For surgical treatment of the nervous system
- Pulmonology: For respiratory or breathing problems
- Genetics: For screening, counseling and diagnostic services
Contact UCLA Connected Health
For more information about UCLA Connected Health, please email us at [email protected].