To improve urological health and health care, we seek to create world leaders in urological health and science, discover the basis for urological health and cures for urological disease, optimize urological health through community partnerships, and heal humankind one urological patient at a time.
Leaders in the Field
For over 50 years, the urology specialists at UCLA have continued to break new ground and set the standards of care for patients suffering from urological conditions. In collaboration with our eminent research scientists, our internationally acclaimed physicians have pioneered treatments for many conditions, including:
Conditions Treated >
We Offer Innovative Care
Under the direction of Mark Litwin, M.D., M.P.H., Chair of the Department, Christopher Saigal, M.D., M.P.H., Vice Chair of the Department and Executive Committee members William Aronson, M.D., Bernard M. Churchill, M.D., and Hans Gritsch, M.D., our world-class physicians and researchers work side by side in the quest for new cures and treatments:
By teaming with other partners within the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, the UCLA School of Engineering, and private industry, our faculty members are pioneering new methods of delivering care, making it less invasive, more effective and less costly.
- We are one of only a handful of programs in the country that offers kidney and pancreas transplantation, as well as treatments for male, female, pediatric and general urologic conditions.
- Our strides in developing minimally invasive treatments such as laparoscopy, and our robotics program are revolutionizing the way in which care is delivered.
- Our fellowship programs for specialists in urology are the models used by many medical schools, and our graduates are now running urology fellowship programs around the globe.
Excellence in Action
- The excellence of our programs has been acknowledged by the National Institutes of Health, which has designated our prostate and kidney cancer programs as centers of excellence.
Why We Are The Best
- By teaming with partners such as the UCLA School of Engineering, departments within the UCLA medical school, and private industry, our faculty members are pioneering new methods of delivering care, making it less invasive, more effective and less costly than traditional modes of care.
- From the simplest conditions to the most complex, so acclaimed are our urology programs that for the 14th year in a row, U.S. News & World Reports has ranked the UCLA Department of Urology within the top five in the nation, and #1 on the West Coast for urology care.
Urologist Near Me
Find a Doctor: Meet Our Expert Team >