CUHS Return to Service Approval Process
The Clinical UCLA Health Sciences (CUHS) Volunteer Program Return to Service Approval Process:
The UCLA Health Volunteer Services will begin the Return to Service Phased Roll-Out plan starting October 1, 2020. The volunteers in the CUHS Program will be reviewed and approved to return on campus through a separate process from the Hostpital Volunteer Programs and will also be aligned with the UCLA Vice Chancellor's of Research and DGSOM Research Ramp Up Phased Roll-Out plan.
All requests for CUHS Program volunteers and UCLA SRP students to return to campus are reviewed and approved on a case by case basis.
On October 1, 2020, we will begin the Return to Service PHASE 2 Roll Out, which includes the following:
Permissible Volunteer Roles:
- Location of Services must be in a Non-Cliical setting and area (may not be within the hospital, clinics, or buildings in which patients are being seen).
- Duties and roles must be restricted to data, administrative, or indirect contact with patients/study participants (i.e. Zoom, phone calls, etc.).
Eligibility to return on campus for PHASE 2 (must meet all of the following):
- Must be a current UCLA Student and complete the Re-Activation Process with the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.
- Must be have already completed all proper training requirements and obtained substantial experience in the same assignment prior to COVID pause.
- Research Only: Student must be listed on the PI's approved Operational Plan.
- Operational plans can be modified by logging into the same DocuSign system, adding minimal PI identifying information, adding new personnel, and inputting "no change" in all other boxes that require an answer.
- Employee supervision is required when volunteering.
Requirements to return on campus (must complete all of the following):
- Complete the Phase 2 CUHS Program Return to Service Request Form and obtain office approval.
- Each Volunteer/UCLA SRP Student must complete the Return to Volunteer Re-Activation Process with the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office. Clearances will be confirmed via email.
- Volunteers and UCLA SRP Students are required to follow all COVID Protocols and Volunteer requirements listed in the Re-Activation Process.