Non-Clinical UCLA Health Sciences Minor Volunteer Program
- "Non-Clinical Activities": activities that will NOT involve ANY of the following:
- Patient or human research subject contact/interaction
- Access to or handle any identifiable/clinical/medical information
- Perform any duties involving activity within clinical settings and areas (i.e. hospital, clinics, waiting rooms, etc.)
- "Health Sciences Minor Volunteers": You are a high school student or underage individual who is 16-17 years old and will be volunteering your time to assist UCLA Faculty and Staff without any form of compensation. As a minor (ages 16-17 years), you will be restricted to clerical and basic research duties.
- If you are a UCLA Student under the age of 18 years AND enrolling in a UCLA elective research course (i.e. SRP), you must have your inviting faculty complete the Minor Volunteer Scope of Duties Forms.
- UCLA Students who are under the age of 18 and will be conducting research for a UCLA elective research course, your inviting faculty must submit a request for Exception to Policy for office approval.
To Start, Submit the Completed and Signed Assignment Forms:
- Inviting faculty/supervisors should read the Volunteer Guidelines before proceeding.
- Please ensure that your inviting supervisor provided you with the completed and signed Required Assignment Forms for Minor Volunteers:
- Forms must be submitted online, please ensure you have your forms intact in the following files and format:
Please contact the coordinator at NCV@mednet.ucla.edu for assistance with creating your form and its addendums into one PDF.
If you need Adobe Reader to open PDF (Portable Document Format) files, please see free software from Adobe's webpage: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Once you have the above forms, you must submit an online Pre-Screening Application and upload the forms: https://volunteer.healthsciences.ucla.edu/
- One PDF File: Minor Volunteer Scope Of Duties Form (MSOD Form) and please ensure your inviting supervisor indicated "Clinical" for the type of assignment. Each volunteer must have this form.
- Due to further review of the VSOD Form, please have your inviting faculty/supervisor must complete and sign a Letter of Invitation AND Assignment Form instead until further notice
- Your inviting supervisor may use this template as reference: Letter of Invitation template.
- One PDF File: Volunteer Personal Device Form (even if you will not use a personal device). Each volunteer must have this form.
- Due to further review of the Personal Device Form, please have your inviting faculty/supervisor must complete and sign the Clinical Research Volunteer Personal Device Form until further notice.
- (Only if you are enrolling in SRP for the assignment) One PDF File: Signed UCLA SRP Contract
After Submission of the Form:
For any questions, please contact the UCLA Health Sciences Volunteer Office.